Established in 2005, Channel-Ex is a Vancouver BC based Fire Retardant Wood manufacturer representative. We are also involved in remanufacturing, trading, and wholesale distribution of forest products such as Western Red Cedar, Premium grade dimension lumber, and European Whitewood. We have been working closely with sustainable quality fibre suppliers, and our domestic production is kept in the smallest foot print possible by outsourcing. We offer Chain of Custody Certified products under the FSC and PEFC.
With its 5 sales offices/distribution centres, our sister company Channel Original(CO) is a leading high value Western Red Cedar & Fire Retardant Wood Siding, Exterior & Interior Trim distributor in Japan, with own production facilities such as a specialty Japanese Red Cedar sawmill in the South, and a Hokkaido Hardwood Flooring plant in its North.
Channel-Ex has been conducting CO’s Western Red Cedar, Fire Retardant Wood Products, J-grade construction lumber & specialty lumber procurement activities in North America through direct purchasing from sawmills or by own manufacturing activities.
We are member of the following organizations:
- – Independent Wood Processors Association of British Columbia(IWPABC)
- – North American Wholesale Lumber Association(NAWLA), Western Retail Lumber Association(WRLA)
- – BC Wood Specialties Group
- – CO is a member of Western Red Cedar Lumber Association(WRCLA)
In conjunction with BC Wood, Channel-ex is a recognized educational provider for the following associations
- – AIBC(Architectural Institute of British Columbia)
- – Through BC Wood: AIA(American Institute of Architects), AAA(Alberta Association of Architects), OAA(Ontario Association of Architects).
- BC Housing, IDCEC(International Design, Continuing Education Council)
About Watkins Group / Chemco
Our Channel-Ex Saferwood partner and one of the world’s premier fire retardant impregnation treatment companies for solid and engineered wood products since 1981. They continue to lead the North American Fire Treatment industry of wood products since becoming the first accepted supplier of Cedar Shakes and Shingle for roof application in the state of California.
Channel Original and Chemco collaborated to create the first FR treated siding product that was able to pass the stringent testing required in Japan and gained approvals for semi-combustibility and non-combustibility ratings.
If there is anything we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 604-989-5087.